SEO has become crucial to website performance. Companies are increasingly realizing the importance of appearing high in search engine ranks.
At Publisto, we focus on optimizing you site’s SEO performance. To this end, we have developed a long- yet not exhaustive- checklist we would like to share with you. This list is by no means permanent since SEO, just as digital technology itself, is constantly evolving. Moreover, and before proceeding, it is important to note that what follows bellow is a general list which is then adjusted to the needs and requirements of each specific website. Key to SEO is flexibility and the ability to evaluate which points are necessary in each individual case. And this is the true magic of SEO and the huge potential it offers web development!
So enjoy the trip…
- Website traffic comes from various different devices such as mobile, desktop and tablet. A site needs to be responsive to different screen sizes and shapes because search engine crawlers will simulate various screen and devices.
- Google offers various tools that when employed correctly contribute to the improvement of SEO performance. Google Analytics and Search Console are presently among the most widely used and well-known. They offer continuous up-to date overview of a website’s performance and allow tracking of website traffic coming from search engines and other useful metrics. Search Console provides metrics such as website crawl errors, duplicate content errors, missing titles and other technical errors. These need to be continuously checked and updated to keep your website error free and SEO optimized.
- For WordPress sites Yoast SEO plugin takes care of things like canonical tags, no index tags, and sitemaps.
- Audit checks are used to identify errors and resolve them.
- Redirects need to be properly used and spot-checked.
- Broken links, errors, and crawl errors that make it harder for search engines to find a website’s content, index it, and drive traffic to it, need to be regularly checked and updated.
- Keyword researches identifying the terms people use when they search for products and services related to a website need to be run regularly and content should be updated accordingly.
- Link building strategies adopted by competitors need to be evaluated so as to see how similar links can be gained.